Thursday, June 4, 2009

HO extension & female involvement


EXTENSION!!!
Originally the deadline for Ho submissions was May 30 2009, but I've extended it! I would really like for this to be an ongoing project. 

If you are planning on contributing, shoot me an email so I can know that they're coming. Also, I am really open to any conversations about the project. 

warren dot gracie at hotmail dot com

See the earliest post tagged with 'ho' for submission requirements and background.

CONSIDERATIONS
One conversation I've had recently is about the lack of contributions by women, t-girls, sistagirls, trans-feminine spectrum id-ing folks, and how I address this with the project. One suggestion was that I define the images as of "trans-masculine sex workers". However, I have included trans-female people in my call-out and I think it is an interesting point of discussion that so far, none of the contributions have been of this identity. 

By redefining the project, I think this could be silencing their lack of involvement. This could be for a million reasons, some of which I could guess but would really like to not speak on their behalf considering this is not my experience. I would really love to hear any feedback from trans-female people on the project in general, or ideas about how their experience can be included in the project. There are a lot of options for this: audio, presenting writing, interviews, etc... 

However, remembering that the point of this project is about the experience of sex working as your birth assigned gender, with a transgender identity. So I would like discussion to be around this as a point of inclusion/exclusion.

It is possible that the promotion or nature of the project is not inclusive of trans women since there is a history of trans women being socially excluded from the homo, dyke and trans-masculine communities I am a part of. This is a problem that should not be perpetuated. So any feedback on addressing this as a point of exclusion is SO WELCOME also.

xxx LOVING THE CONTRIBUTIONS SO FAR. THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU ALL WHO HAVE SENT PHOTOS IN xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment