Saturday, February 20, 2010

bandaid fashion

I've had this idea on the back burner for a while of putting out a series of bandaid designs. Mayyybe going for an OzCo Inter-Arts grant for collaborations between artists and non-arts organisations/companies to get them manufactured. In the meantime I'm making a bunch by hand.

Here's some other arts projects/artists/designers I've come across who have worked with bandaids. Please let me know if you come across any others!

Pflasterringe collection, bandaid inspired metal jewelry design by Kay Eppi Nolke.

Blingy diamonte bandaids by MAK.

Butch AS leather Bandaids by Scott Amron.

...and this limited edition bandaid series by designer Alexandre Herchcovitch, manufactured by Johnson & Johnson. I love the use of bandaid as material! These could easily be fabric designs:

1 comment: